You should keep your criticizers close to you because more they criticize you, the faster you strive ahead.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 260 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 4 trips to carry that many people.
People usually smoke out of curiosity, peer pressure or simply out of boredom and before long, an addiction is formed. Quitting smoking is a real challenge and this kind of physical and mental addiction often requires more than will power to work. But it’s one of the best things you can do for your health. Even on every pack it is boldly mentioned, “Smoking is injurious to health.” It’s a leading cause of cancer and increases your risk for heart attacks, strokes, lung disease, and other health problems, including bone fractures and cataracts.
Hypnotherapy to quit smoking
If nicotine lozenges, patches, chewing gum, counseling, and other smoking cessation methods haven’t helped you kick the habit, don’t give up. Ask your doctor if hypnosis is an option. A big part of quitting smoking is letting go of the smoking routine and looking at cigarettes differently.
If you are considering hypnotherapy the first step is to make sure you choose to quit yourself. Hypnotherapy is most effective when you really want to quit – if you are doing it because you think you ‘should’ or because a friend or family member is pushing you, you may not get the results.
Some hypnotherapy methods try to weaken a person’s desire to light up, others try to strengthen willpower or help them focus on a quit smoking programme. For hypnosis to be successful, the person has to have faith in the therapist and be okay with being in a passive and susceptible state of mind. Some people find hypnotherapy alone to break the habit enough, while others prefer to combine it with NRT or medication to tackle both the physical and mental addiction together.
How can hypnotherapist make you quit smoking?
Hypnotherapy works by putting you in a deep, relaxed state where your mind is more open to suggestion.Hypnotherapist will try to change your thought patterns by making suggestions such as ‘I do not want a cigarette’ or ‘I am repelled by the smell of cigarette smoke’. For many, just one session is enough, however some may require several more.
During hypnosis for smoking cessation, a patient is often asked to imagine unpleasant outcomes from smoking. For example, the hypnotherapist might suggest that smokers associate cigarette with unpleasant tastes, order, or sensation – like smoke smells like truck exhaust or bus flames, or it has a nasty taste or that smoking will leave the patient’s mouth feeling extremely parched, or it will cause you to suffer from dry mouth. They might also suggest that smokers believe that they have lost the desire to smoke and can easily cope with their nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
The first use of hypnotherapy to help people stop smoking was described by Dr. Herbert Spiegel in 1970. His hypnotic strategy has become popular as the “Spiegel technique” and focuses on three main ideas:
- Smoking poisons the body
- You need your body to live
- If you want to live, You need to respect your body and protect it
Hypnotherapist teaches the smoker self-hypnosis, and then asks him to repeat these affirmations anytime the desire to smoke occurs.
How does the program work?
“A person who smokes erroneously puts files in their subconscious mind next to each other that are wrong—like if they have a cup of coffee, they have to have a cigarette, or if they had a great meal, they have to have a cigarette. They’ve associated pleasurable experiences with the habit of smoking. Hypnotherapist go into the subconscious mind through suggestions and put in the files that are supposed to be there—that smoking can make your clothes smell bad, give you nasty breath, cost you a lot of money, and hurt yourself. By putting those new thought processes into your subconscious mind, you don’t smoke anymore, because your subconscious mind will be in unison with your conscious mind.”
Pros and Cons of Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy can be successful as a combination therapy, used in conjunction with other treatments for such conditions as stress, anxiety, depression, and pain. Hypnosis does not involve the use of any medications, which might appeal to smokers who aren’t interested in using drugs or nicotine replacement products.
Hypnotherapy is not dangerous. The hypnotist cannot make you do something you don’t want. The greatest risk usually involves the unintended creation of false memories based on suggestions from the hypnotherapist.
Major criticism of hypnotherapy for smoking cessation is that no research to date has proven it works. Also, hypnotherapy is not considered a valid treatment for people who are alcoholics or drug addicts or are dealing with hallucinations and psychotic episodes.
Your mind is a powerful force – it can make you believe things, crave things, do thing. Hypnosis can help you to choose and remain focused.
We all know weight loss is usually best achieved with diet and exercise. “Hypnosis can help by changing people’s mindsets and help create an honest relationship with yourself through diet, exercise and counselling.” Losing weight can be a long and challenging journey, not a short term obsession. If you’ve ever tried and failed to lose weight before, it’s not unusual for people to get into a cycle of dieting, overeating, feeling guilty and dieting again which is known as ‘yoyo dieting’ and makes weight-loss difficult to sustain but the answer for this could be Hypnosis especially if you have tried everything else.
Hypnotherapy is a state of inner absorption and concentration, like being in a trance. It’s the most natural way which creates emotional attachment to your goal. It enables a change in your long term habits and behaviours by creating leverage which in turn changes your relationship with food and enables your unconscious mind to work for you. As there is a lot of baggage in our subconscious minds, losing weight starts with a change in identity moving away from your old self to your new self image. It’s as much about how you think than about what you eat. Hypnotherapy begins from within and changes your thinking, for instance – you might eat a carrot and wish you were eating a carrot cake, but with hypnotherapy you can learn to enjoy the carrot and not give that cake a second thought.
How does hypnotherapy for weight-loss work?
Close your eyes. Imagine your food cravings floating away. Imagine a day of eating only what’s good for you. Imagine hypnosis actually helping you lose weight, because it actually does.
Many things have to be change. We have to want the benefits of that change, and we have to want them enough that we’re prepared to do whatever it takes to get them done and with full believe. It also involves overcoming the obstacles that our mind has set up for us.
Hypnosis is usually done with the help of a hypnotherapist targeting the unconscious mind with powerful suggestion techniques, using verbal repetition and mental images where you’re feeding your subconscious mind with positive suggestions bypassing the analytical and reasonable part of it. When you’re under hypnosis, your attention is highly focused, and you’re more responsive to suggestions, including behavior changes that can help you lose weight.
The idea of hypnosis is still met with scepticism due to misconceptions about what it is. It is useful to know that during hypnosis you will not:
- be out of control
- be asleep
- be told to do anything you don’t want to do
- have your memory erased
- be forced to reveal your deepest darkest secrets.
How it works?
- Hypnotherapist is essentially a coach who will guide you into deep relaxation.
- Once your body and mind are relaxed (much like a daydream), he will be able to access your unconscious mind.
- Soothing, carefully worded scripts can be used to explore a client’s reasons for overeating and suggest new ways of thinking through visualisations. You have the control to reject any suggestions you don’t feel happy.
- Slowly you will learn how to replace your negative habits and eating patterns with positive ones suggested by your hypnotherapist.
Most commonly asked questions in hypnotherapy consultations is – will hypnotherapy work for me? The answer is it’s hard to know until you try it yourself.
Hypnotherapy for weight-loss techniques
Everyone has different reasons for wanting to lose weight, some suggestions you might encounter include:
- Envisioning the body you want or the level of fitness/health you wish to achieve.
- Imagining how you will feel with your new look and health.
- Imagining yourself reaching that goal effortlessly.
- See how much you have improved from today.
- Imagining how energised and confident you will feel.
- Realising that the more you exercise, the more you will want to exercise and the easier it will become to do so.
- Whenever you get the urge to eat something unhealthy, or eat when you’re not hungry, imagine not reaching your goal and think about how that will make you feel.
These visualisations and many more are designed to empower you so that you can take control of your choices. Hopefully you will learn to enjoy the taste of healthy food and stop cravings. By tackling those deep feelings forming the foundations of your eating habits, you can learn to adopt a healthier lifestyle and enjoy doing so.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy:
- Allows you to stop dieting and encourage you to begin to take care of yourself in a more positive way by eating healthily and enjoying exercise.
- Help you to stop obsessing about food and enable you to let go of those feelings of failure and guilt.
- Enables you to combat food cravings.
- Teaches you to understand your relationship with food and find the triggers that make you overeat.
- Enables you to start to believe that you can do it that you too can become slim, confident and energised.
- Helps to adopt healthier eating habits/ portion control
- Helps to regain control of your weight/ lose weight
- Helps to control hunger and appetite
- Helps to overcome Boredom eating
- Helps to increase motivation
- Helps to regulate metabolism
- Helps you stop emotional eating
- Helps you curb those cravings
Hypnotherapy can allow you to have a change of attitude towards the food that you eat so that you no longer crave for or finish everything on your plate even if you are not hungry. This enables you to enjoy eating healthily and at the same time lose weight in a safe and natural way.
While many people succeed in losing weight in the short term, they often have trouble keeping it off and that’s where hypnotherapy can lead to success.
“Hypnotherapy – a state of focused consciousness can be the answer to the various issues that you face on a daily basis or it may be the key to eliminating that one fear that is stopping you from reaching your goals”.
Hypnotherapy – a completely natural state is a therapeutic tool which is around us in use for thousands of years as a healing, self-help and self-improvement modality. For thousands of years, philosophers and wise men have known that our thoughts can control our body and behaviour.
Hypnosis is not mind control. Rather, the client gains control over a part of his or her life that may have been previously out of control. All hypnosis is really self-hypnosis and no one can force you.
Many people are afraid of it even today as its proper use remains a mystery to most people. We spontaneously drift into hypnosis many times during the day without even realising and we call it daydreaming. Hypnotherapist simply guides the client on purpose to help them achieve their goals. Even though the client may not “feel anything”, the suggestions given can have a very powerful & positive effect.
If one is considering to under-go hypnosis process, one has to understand it thoroughly knowing how it works and how it sometimes doesn’t work. It can provide immediate results if the process is well understood and effectively used.
What is Hypnotherapy?
It is recognised that there is no generally accepted definition of hypnosis, though considerable consensus exists at a descriptive level.
Martin T Orne, MD, PhD (1927 – 2000)
“Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness in which the subconscious mind plays the dominant role.” The seat of our habits and the steering wheel of our behaviors lie within the subconscious mind. Everything we have ever thought, felt, tasted, smelled, seen, heard, read, or fantasized is recorded in our subconscious mind.
“Hypnosis” and “Hypnotherapy” are derived from Greek word “Hypnos” which means “Sleep.” Hypnotherapists use a hypnotic trance in order to make you relief and overcome addictions, pains, stress, or other related states of mind.
- Powerful tool for all areas of self improvement.
- The use of hypnosis to help you move towards health and wholeness.
- Used to help you reach goals when nothing else has helped.
- Let go of the thoughts of the day and to focus on the issues you came in for.
- Work together of the client and the hypnotherapist to overcome the issue at hand.
- Safe, healthy and natural.
- A state when you are most relaxed, or daydreaming, or open to receive suggestions.
- A suggestion, a proposal for your subconscious to accept a new belief therefore it needs to be positive.
How it Works?
Suggestion plays a very important part in hypnosis. Hypnosis bypasses the conscious minds, allowing direct communication with the unconscious ones. People can be hypnotized to different levels depending on the requirements of their well being.
Hypnotherapy can help you in the following areas of life:
- Self Improvement
- Reaching Goals and Succeeding
- Lack of Confidence
- Anger and Stress Management
- Health Management
- Getting into shape
- Habits Management
- Bedwetting in Children
- Teeth Grinding and nail biting
- Quit Smoking
- Drinking and other Addiction
- Asthma and Anxiety
- Compulsive eating
- Eating Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Skin Problems
- Fears and Phobias
- Psychological Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Physiological Issues
- General Confidence
- Sexual Issues
- Study Skills
- Concentration and Learning skills
- Past Life Regression
- Pain Management
- Many More
Hypnotherapists may use trance to explore the root of a problem, your physical and mental health and help you change deep-seated attitudes or feelings. At the end of the session, the hypnotherapist suggests that you return to normal consciousness.
The ability to be hypnotized is generally an indication that the client has stronger visualization skills. Once you are in trance, the hypnotherapists will address your sub-conscious mind. People with arthritis may be told they can turn the pain down like the volume of a radio, or smokers that they will no longer find smoking pleasurable.
How can hypnotherapy help me?
You have within you all the resources to solve your problems.
Hypnotherapy is a guide helping you to reach your goal by activating your inner resources. Unlike many therapies, hypnotherapy concentrates on the solution and not the problem.
Benefits of Hypnosis:
Did you know that just being in a hypnotized state has extraordinary mental and physical benefits? Yes, this is a fact.
- Help promote a deeper, healthier breathing pattern
- Relieves stress and tension
- Relaxes the body, slow down the functions, slow heart rate, lower respiration and blood pressure levels
- Muscles naturally relax
- Lower chemical imbalances
- Promote the human body’s natural healing abilities
- Correct hormone imbalances
- Relieves from mental fog, dizziness, irritability, chest pain, feeling numb, and many more
- Strengths our immune systems
- Relieve from pain and discomfort
- Deep restful sleep
- Feel good naturally
- Generates a sense of power and control
Hypnosis: What it is not / Myths!
- Sleep, unconsciousness, coma, surrender of mental powers and control, magic, an unnatural process
- Misconception is that only people of low intellect can be hypnotised. The fact is people of average and above intelligence make the best subjects.
- When you are in hypnosis you will not accept any suggestion that contravenes your normal belief system. Just as you can’t get stuck in a daydream or sleep, you can’t get stuck in hypnosis.
- Being hypnotized shows weakness and lack of control
- It’s dangerous
- Chance that you get stuck and unable to emerge from it.
- I can achieve anything suggested to me
- Result should be guaranteed
- You will not remember anything said or done while you were hypnotized
- One session cures the problem
What can happen is that you enjoy the wonderful feeling of relaxed body and mind that you don’t want to come out of hypnosis. ‘I’ve never felt so relaxed in my life’, is a comment most hypnotizers receive.
Now that you have an idea of what hypnosis is and isn’t, it’s time to consider how it can help you.
Here are some facts which must be known before establishing a business set up in China:
- In China, the family name precedes the given name, which is occasionally followed by the second name or the western equivalent of a first name. Some Chinese will switch the order of their names when they are dealing with foreigners. In addition, married women rarely take their husband’s family name.
- Chinese usually conduct business over lunch and dinner, and deals are often concluded over a meal. Entertaining is a critical part of Chinese business culture.
- You have more than one option for a local presence – WOFE, Contractual Joint Venture, Equity Joint Venture, Representative Office, or a local representation by a third party.
- Carefully define your business scope – Scope must be defined so as to be permitted and encouraged by China National Development and Reform Commission.
- Select the right location for operations.
- Confirm the minimum registered Capital – based on the judgement of your business scope and operation scale.
- Integrate commercial clauses in the Articles of Association to maximize profit repatriation – The AOA is to be submitted to local government agencies for approval and filling during business license registration.
- Fully understand employer’s responsibilities and liabilities – China issued the new Law of Labour in 2007 which specifies issues on employment contract, redundancy, etc. You also need to be aware of the mandatory employee welfare and benefits so as to include such costs in the budget.
- Conduct thorough due diligence and credit check on your joint venture partners – Your partners may not be what they claim to be. Chinese have a business culture to show their wealth and status and look financially viable but live on bank loans and personal debts.
- Develop a comprehensive local employee management system – A sound and robust employee management system will encourage the engagement and commitment of local staff and avoid potential risks.
- Never give a Chinese person a clock as a gift. It denotes to attend someone’s funeral.
- Business cards printed in both Chinese and English should be presented and received with respect in accordance with Chinese custom at all business occasions.
- Courtesy and good manners are appreciated by the Chinese and are fundamental in any business discussions and negotiations. Patience is great asset in dealing with these people.
- Make friends first, do business later – You may have to take several trips before getting the contracts signed.
- Don’t take their saying “YES” literally to mean affirmative – They have a habit to say yes to show that they are paying attention to you. In such a context, the word “yes” does not mean that they agree with what you say or that they agree with your terms.
- Superstitions and Numbers: The number 4 rhymes with ‘death’ or ‘failure,’ number 14 rhymes with ‘sure to fail’, ‘sure to die’, so avoid these numbers. The number 3 rhymes with ‘growth’ and welcomed to business people, and number 8 rhymes with ‘prosperity.’ Number 168 reads in Chinese to sound like ‘forever prosperous’ a definite crowd pleaser.
- Food and beverages, Travel and transport, IT and telecommunications, Minerals and energy, Environmental protection, Building construction products and services are few of the major industry sector currently experiencing rapid growth.
- According to the Chinese Company Law, every business entity must deposit a certain amount of money equivalent to its registered capital reported to the registration authority into a specified bank account. This capital injection has to be audited by a certified public accountant and the money in this account can only be used for the company’s business activities.
- The minimum amount of registered capital required for a JV or a WFOE starts from USD100,000 while for companies in some specific industries, this minimum registered capital requirement can be much higher.
- Do your “due diligence,” well.
- Check the reliability of the data on your partner or customer from independent sources.
- Be careful, you can lose a lot of money if you make a great deal with the wrong partner.
- In addition to creating proforma balance sheets, spend some time at the beginning of a project to create scenarios of what you will do if things go wrong. Try to anticipate possible problem areas. If you can’t find any, hire somebody who knows well about the potential problems to help you.
- Create a strategy to deal with potential problems. Have an escape strategy for each stage of your project, even though you do not plan to use it.
- Chinese have a high regard for rank and seniority. The Chinese will be impressed by and are usually more attentive to senior representatives of foreign firms. Ranking your company can help to impress the Chinese, especially if you are the biggest or the oldest.
- If you are dealing directly with a customer in China, make sure you receive cash for full payment first or use a letter of credit (L/C) to receive payment.
- Be careful – as Chinese insist that your senior executive travel to China immediately to sign the contract with them in person and request money prior to the trip to pay for a reception in your honour, and/or, once in China, they request money or goods to “grease the wheels” with local officials.
– They insist to pay you later
– Their telephone numbers are always busy or never answered during business hours.
– They have no English speaking staff although they claim they have been in the import/export business for years.
In today’s connected world, where customers research purchases online and seek recommendations from friends and family, it is in the best interest of most small businesses to have a vibrant and interactive social media presence.
What other points do you have to add to the list? Please leave your viewpoints in the comments.