In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. – Albert Schweitzer
- Enjoy the ride of your life. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. Make the most of it and enjoy the ride. Life is a spiritual dance and that our unseen partner has steps to teach us if we will allow ourselves to be led. The next time you are restless, remind yourself it is the universe asking “Shall we Dance.” Life is just a book; don’t jump to the end to see if it’s worth it. Just enjoy life and fill the pages with beautiful and splendorous memories.
- One day you will just be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one. A beautiful appearance will last for a few decades, but a beautiful personality will last a lifetime. Build it. If you send blessings wherever you go, you’ll find friends behind strangers and opportunities within challenges. One life can make a difference. Be the one today.
- Don’t wait for a crisis to change your life. Stop wishing for the luck and start making it. Don’t wait for the opportunities. Create it. Do what unleashes your full potential. We don’t grow when things are easy, we grow when we face challenges. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
- Make some new friends. Some will prove blessings to you and others will be good lesson teachers. Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.
- Visualize your dreams. Think where you want to be or whether you wish to stay where you are? Live by change and not by chance. Imagine a new story for your life and start living it.
- Make life goals, split them in small steps. You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.
- When you wake up in the morning, complete the following sentence, “My purpose is …….Today”. Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.
- Intend for the good day and plan for the wonders to happen. Pray to God, to give us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.
- Do some yoga or meditation in the morning. Be thoughtful. Every positive thought is a silent prayer which will change your life. Dream the impossible. Know that you are born in this world to do something wonderful and unique. Give yourself the freedom to dream and think big.
- Spend more time around nature. Walk in the open, do some gardening, sit in a park, enjoy the sunshine.
- Take a 20-30 minute walk everyday and while you walk smile, dream and visualize. Walk yourself out of your bad mood. Studies show that even a 10 minute walk boosts brain chemistry to increase happiness immediately. Morning walk is more peaceful and calms your mind where as the night walk 20 minutes after your dinner is healthier.
- Spend first 10-20 minutes of your day in exercise. It optimizes ones brain and personal performance.
- Workout to get in good physical shape. Unless exceptionally skilled, the unhealthy are at a comparative disadvantage.
- Be on Time. Make it a habit. Try to arrive few minutes early. It saves you from stress. You’ll be much relaxed and work better.
- Don’t take things personally. If some people are unhappy with you, it’s their problem. But always strive to give your best. Trying will lead you to mistakes but mistakes will lead you to the right way.
- If you have to correct someone. Don’t get personal about it. Do it never in front of others.
- Make time for yourself. Get good at being alone. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world. Stop pleasing others. It’s your life not theirs’. Sit in the silence and peace. (you’re the only person you’ll be with your entire life so why not become comfortable in your own skin). Think: What’s the mission of my life? What do I want to be? How can I achieve it? Your thoughts will get directed towards it.
- Focus on the small things that support your dreams. Forget mistakes, forget failure, forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it. If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done. Maturity is not when we start speaking big things, it’s when we start understanding small things.
- Be a beginner. Take Action. Focus on Results. Give it a start. Make small goals and accomplish them to help reach your long term goals. Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever. The biggest obstacles in our lives are the barriers, our mind creates.
- Follow your dreams. Be Realistic. Your dream doesn’t have an expiry date. Take a deep breath and try again. Take actions in small steps, make some movement towards it. Don’t just waste your time in planning. That’s the difference some people are so wonderful and some wander how? If you will not give a start now, then who will give it for you? Accept that it will take time and you will still have some bad days. You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust the sails to reach your destination. When we live our life on purpose, and bring our dreams to fruition, the whole world benefits.
- Maintain regularity, make it a habit. Once you make a decision to move on, don’t look back. Your destiny will never be found in the rear view mirror. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. In order to succeed, your desire for success should have to be greater than your fear of failure. That some achieve great success, is a proof to all that others can achieve it as well. It’s rightly quoted by Confucius, “Our greatest glory is not, in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” So keep going. Each step may get harder, but don’t stop. The view is beautiful at the top.
- Be Positive and Confident. If you fail, never give up because “FAIL” means “First attempt in learning”, end is not the end, in fact “END” means “Efforts never dies” and if you get no as an answer, remember “NO” means “Next opportunity.” So always be optimistic. Don’t be quickly discouraged by the word “NO”, sometimes rejection is a guide to redirection. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
- Make your willpower strong. Give dedicated efforts to your goals. Don’t forget to give yourself some grace as you are still learning. Infact, we all are. Despite having dreams, will and focus, sometimes your motivation will drop. Lift yourself up to fight back again. It isn’t easy. That is why only few taste success.
- Quit being afraid of failures. Think of the worst outcomes and it will fade out your fear of failure. You can take risks more easily. Then you don’t want to snuggle in your comfort zone anymore – you are ready to fly. If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
- We are actually nor afraid of failures but of criticism. Stand up for what we believe in, even if it means standing alone. History had showed us that great people have discovered their own paths and travelled their journey alone. Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination. The best is yet to come.
- Do work that pushes you to your edges. People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.
- Work where you are not afraid of any Mondays. Choose a career that sparks a fire inside you and gets you excited about life. Passion is power. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. Your future is created by what you do today and not tomorrow.
- Ask yourself “What I am passionate about?” “What are my Unique Abilities?” “How can I blend all these together?” Be yourself. By being yourself, you put something wonderful in this world that was not there before.
- Live in present and waste zero time on the past. Past is always the reason of your worry, which keeps you very busy, doing nothing. It hinders your action towards success. Past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted. Move on and make peace with your past, so it won’t mess up the present. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
- Close the doors of old painful memories. Ask yourself: “How long do I want to hold onto this? How long do I want to suffer because of something that happened in the past?” Don’t remind yourself of what should have, could have or would have been. Release it and let it go. Life has to go on. Remember three keys to enjoy life: Cont+Alt+Del. It means Control yourself; Look for alternative solutions; and Delete the situation which gives you tension.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Nothing is completely wrong, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Everything you do leaves a mark. Instead of judging someone, including yourself, say healing prayers for that person. Love the people God gave you because he will need them back one day.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed. Be strong, carry on and make the best of every little thing. If your problem in life is as big as a ship, never forget that your blessings are as wide as the ocean. Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers, plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.
- What other people think of you is none of your business. One can’t judge a book by its cover. While writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.
- Burn the candles, use nice things. Don’t save them for a special occasion. Today is special. Nobody knows when the last goodbye is. If you’re still looking for happiness start searching for a new beginning now.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Happiness cannot be travelled, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. Don’t put the key to your happiness in someone else’s pocket. To remain happy, ten things you must tell yourself each day:
i) I am fighting hard for the things I want most.
ii) I am taking action now.
iii) I am focusing on the next positive step.
iv) I am proud to wear my truth.
v) I have a lot to smile about.
vi) I am making the best of everything.
vii) I am letting go the yesterday’s stress.
viii) There is enough time today to do something I love.
ix) I am priceless in someone’s eyes.
x) It’s never too late.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time to whatever you can’t control. Scars fade out with Time. Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters. Everything you go through grows you.
- Only existence in the world is CHANGE. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
The quickest way to change your game is to change your brain. Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing himself. Even the employers look for people who can quickly adapt to changes in the workplace.
- Focus on being masterful at one thing versus mediocre at many things. When you focus on problems, you’ll have more problems, but when you focus on possibilities, you will have more opportunities.
- Often visit some naturally beautiful places as nature is cheaper than therapy. Sometimes, you just need a break in a beautiful place, alone to figure everything out. Figuring out the maths of life is more important.
- Read biographies of greatly lived people. Education is not the learning of the facts but the training of the mind to think. Great leaders don’t tell you what to do rather they show you how it’s done.
- Associate yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, the game-changers, the visionaries and the titans. Surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.
- Celebrate how far you’ve come versus the distance still to go. Moving on doesn’t mean never looking back but about being able to take a glance at yesterday and noticing how much you have grown since then. Record your ideal day in your journal.
- Accept the project you fear the most. Just keep pushing. You don’t really have an option.
- Leave an inspirational quote on a stranger’s windshield. Be with those who bring the best in you and not the stress in you.
- Don’t talk negative about people behind their backs. If you gossip, people won’t confide in you. Mind your own business.
- Try to work for someone who’ll challenge your powers. You’ll learn more in a year than 4 years of college. Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead and if you lose, you can guide.
- Stop indulging in the grapevines all around.
- Think a decade ahead rather than a day in advance. It’s your road and you are alone. Others may walk it with you but no one can walk it for you.
- Start a movement. Indulge in some social cause.
- People don’t trust words, they trust actions. Show them results. Wow a customer.
- Install a new habit.
- Dream more while you are awake. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream. Enlarge your goals, plans and dreams. People are capable at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.
- Live with the three E’s Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy and three F’s Faith, Family and Friends. Life is like a see-saw ride. Full of ups and downs. But when you are down, a good friend will jump on the other seat to bring you back up again.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch. Call your family and friends often.
- Remember that the mother of genius is simplicity.
- Speak less and listen better. It is the key to good communication. The biggest problem is we do not listen to understand, but to reply. God is the best listener, you don’t have to shout nor cry out loud because he hears even the silent prayer of a sincere heart. Learn more, see more. Tongue has no bones, but is strong enough to break a heart. So be careful with your words.
- Do a dream collage with images of your ideal moments and memories made so far.
- Be the reason for someone’s smile.
- Forgive everyone for everything. You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.
- Be responsible. If you suffer, it’s because of you. If you feel blissful, it’s because of you. No one else is responsible. You alone are your hell and heaven too. Apologize when you are at fault. Any good apology has three parts: I am sorry, it’s my fault, and what can I do to make it right? Never forget the third part.
- Thank the almighty. Show gratitude towards everyone. Be grateful to good times. Good times become good memories and bad times become good lessons. Be thankful to even difficult people in your life as they have shown you exactly who you don’t want to be. Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you but to help you realize your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you are too difficult.
- Believe in God. Where you are today is no accident. Everything you need will come to you at the perfect time. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait. God is using the situation you are in right now to shape you and prepare you for the place he wants to bring you into tomorrow. Trust him with his plans even if you don’t understand them. God’s purpose for today’s events may not be seen until tomorrow. Remember that everything happens for a reason. As we look back in our life, we realize that every time we thought we were being rejected from something good, we were actually being redirected to something better.
- Extend your hand of help to someone as often as possible, whether he concerns you or not. You never know when you may need that shoulder to lean on. Great opportunities to help someone seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. We can’t help everyone but everyone can help someone. Start helping others realize, they can make their own happiness.
- Spend time with people over age of 70 and under the age of 7. Go where you are celebrated and not tolerated. If people can’t see the real value of you, get departed from them, it’s time for a new start.
- Never settle for anything but the best, refuse to be anything but happy, and surround yourself with those who make you laugh. Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away your joy, dull your shine, poison your spirit and bring you drama. Life is too short to put up with fools. You will have to realize that you‘ll never be good enough for such people. Is that your problem or theirs? Cancel your subscription to their issues. Sometimes removing some people out of your life makes room for the better ones.
- Smile and laugh more. Laughter is the best medicine. Be a child, laugh and act funny. Be a reflection of what you’d like to see in others. You get in return, what you give.
- Life isn’t fair but it’s still good. Train your mind to see the good in every situation. Do just once what others say you can’t do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again. If you want to go fast, go alone. But if you want to go far, go together. The universe is waiting to show you the way. You already have the map. If you’re looking for the one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror.
- Life is too short to spend another day at war with yourself. Don’t waste even your single minute in doing things that don’t matter you like hating others. Find the good in people and ignore the bad in them. No one is perfect. People have the right to their opinion; you have the right to ignore it. To taste the sweetness of life, you must have the power to forget the past.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful and joyful or if it doesn’t nourishes your soul. Joy does not simply happen. We have to choose it and keep choosing it each day and each moment.
- Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think. You have the power to turn your life around. Hold your own self respect. No one else is going to solve your problems. You are not your past and your past is not your future. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. You are worthy of success and you can reach your dreams. The best is yet to come. Never think “I am a failure” Treat yourself with respect and never let negativity ruin you. Try again; there is no harm in trying. Difficult doesn’t mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard. You will never reach your full potential living inside your comfort Zone. Here I would like to quote Ratan Tata’s words, “I don’t believe in taking the right decisions. I take the decisions and then make them right.” So always believe in your ability and efforts. It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
- Don’t make excuses. If we really want something, we will find a way, if we don’t, we will find an excuse. We can waste our entire life making excuses and in the end we only regret the chances we din’t take. Life goes on, whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could’ve been. Therefore, no matter how you feel. Get up, dress up and show up. What we do today is important because we are exchanging a day of our life for it.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for……” and “Today I accomplished…..” Do write your “Night Note”, writing good things that happened to you during the day that’s ending. No matter what sort of day you had. Before you close your eyes, be content with what you’ve done and be proud of who you are.
- Think for the next day. Intend that it is going to be wonderful. Plan for it. Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called “Tomorrow”.
- Do the right thing, because three things cannot be hidden long: The Sun, The Moon and The Truth. Speak your truth even when your voice shakes. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if only you are doing it.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else do. How something appears is always a matter of perspective. When it doesn’t feel right, go left. The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever travelled or have been before.
- Cause a little trouble by disrupting the status quo. Come out of your comfort zone. Try new things. Think creative. Creativity is intelligence having fun. Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated awesomely simple, is creativity. Before you start anything, learn how to finish it.
- Don’t involve yourself to win every argument. Agree to disagreements. The sign of a beautiful person is that they always see beauty in others. Discussion is always better than argument because argument is to find out – who is right? and discussion is to find out – what is right?
- Visit a new city, discover a new restaurant, discover new places to hang out with your family and loved ones. Family is the most important thing in the world. Parents didn’t leave you when you were young, so don’t leave them when they are old.
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. Enjoy what you do and do what you enjoy. Don’t do things, that don’t excite you. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, don’t settle. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts.
- Take inspirations from the movieslike “3 Idiots” “Wednesday” “Chak de India” “Life of Pie” “Searching for Sugar Man”, etc
- Do meetings standing up so they end quicker.
- Stop using the words “can’t”, “impossible” and “hate”.
- Practice harder (excellence isn’t a natural gift, it’s a daily devotion). Never give up what you really want to do. How far you can go in life is yet to be seen. Don’t let other people’s limited beliefs about what’s possible diminish your potential. Great things come from hard work and perseverance.
- Publish a book. Write handwritten thank you notes.
- Thank amentor. Some people may cross your path in life and may change your whole direction. Sometimes in life you just meet someone or hear something that nudges you on the right path and that becomes the best advice. It could just be a bit of common sense said in a way that resonates with something in you. It’s nothing new, but because it connects with you it holds meaning for you. Cherish the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else.
- Get out of the office on time and go invest in your personal development. Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself. The smallest of actions is always more beautiful than the largest of intentions.
- Stop complaining. Try to live in constraints. As you waste your breathe complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last. Appreciate what you have, since you don’t know what you have got until it’s taken away from you. Everyone wants what they can’t have but if you begin to love what you have, you won’t need anything else.
- Use social media to uplift, encourage, teach and share. Don’t get addicted to it. Use it to your best, don’t indulge in the talks which have no value additions to you.
- To change your life today, start reading books, internet, blogs, websites or listen to podcasts or start following right people and right things in your direction on social media. Inculcate a habit of reading. Read all sorts of articles. Read whatever you find interesting. It accumulates your vocabulary as well as gives you new ideas and vision. If still reading doesn’t interests you up, you can hear podcasts or view videos. It’s a well known saying “Leaders read, Readers Lead.”
- Join a mastermind group. Learn their good traits and habits. Judge what’s different in them, that they can do and you just think of. Start inculcating such habits in you.
- Spend the first 90 minutes of the next 90 days focused on your single largest opportunity. If somebody offers you an opportunity today and you are not sure you can take that, then say “Yes”, later go and learn how to do it. Don’t burn your opportunities.
- Remember that for every one masterpiece, Picasso painted 1000 paintings. Every successful person begins with two beliefs: The future can be better than the present and I have the power to make it so.
- Don’t listen to naysayers. We can’t control what others say about us but we can control what we choose to believe. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Stop hanging out with people who don’t appreciate you, or who suck all the energy out of your life.
- Live like you mean it. Each day is a new life, Seize it, Live it. When you fly high, people will throw stones at you. Don’t look down just fly higher so the stones won’t reach you.
- Get rid of your bad habits once and for all. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is who you become. Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make different choices.
- Control your Anger. It may ruin things further. Respond instead of React. Try to gain a different perspective by putting yourself in another’s shoe. Implement Steven Covey’s 90-10 principal. There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away from them, the battle they are fighting isn’t with you, but with themselves. They create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.
- Guide to your child to the best of your ability. Give them whatever you can. Love them. Have fun with them. Spare quality time with them. Discipline them. Teach them good manners. Do everything you can to help them grow into the best person they can be. Because without you, they can get lost their path. Do not educate them to be rich but to be happy. Don’t teach them how to count rather what counts most. So when they grow up, they’ll know the value of the things and not their price. Spending time with children is more important than spending money on them.
- Save yourself first, and then you can go about helping those around you. The point here is that we should give help from a foundation of strength, not from weakness. Build your own foundation up to be strong before you sacrifice everything to help someone else, because in the long run, you’ll be able to help so much more. Some people sell happiness while they don’t even taste any of it. When you stop trying to change others and work on changing yourself, your world changes for the better.
- Realize that life is a school, and you are here to learn, pass all your tests. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. Sometimes, you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. If you think positively, sound becomes music, movement becomes dance, smile becomes laughter, mind becomes meditation, and life becomes a celebration. The best things in life are the people you love, the places you have seen and the memories you have made along the way. Cherish them. Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.
- Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what he is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage; but he is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it himself.
– C.S. Lewis
What is the point of all of this if you are not going to let it change you?
Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside. Live a life that you can be proud of at the end. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. As you grow older you will understand more and more that it’s not about what you look like or what you own, rather it’s all about the person you’ve become.
Hope these lessons move you to play at wow and dazzle the world by your mastery. If you have any other great lessons, leave them in the comment box or mail me at email@example.com.