Tools for creative thinking
1. Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, your mind will find ways to do it. Believing paves the way to solutions. Eliminate “impossible”, “can’t”, “no use trying” from your thinking and speaking vocabulary.
2. Don’t let tradition paralyze your mind. Be experimental. Try new ideas. Pick random things. Be progressive.
3. Ask yourself daily, “How can I do better?” There is no limit to self improvement. Keep trying.
4. Ask yourself, “How can I do more?” Capacity is a state of mind. If you want anything to be done, give it to a busy man. Asking yourself this question puts your mind to work to find intelligent shortcuts.
5. Practice asking and listening. Big people monopolize the listening; small people monopolize the talking.
6. Stretch your mind. Get stimulated. Associate with people who can help you to think of new ideas, new ways of doing things. Mix with people of different occupational and social interests.