When do I read? I CAN’T find time to read.
Tag Archives: motivation
Hypnotherapy – A Natural Healing Power
“Hypnotherapy – a state of focused consciousness can be the answer to the various issues that you face on a daily basis or it may be the key to eliminating that one fear that is stopping you from reaching your goals”.
Hypnotherapy – a completely natural state is a therapeutic tool which is around us in use for thousands of years as a healing, self-help and self-improvement modality. For thousands of years, philosophers and wise men have known that our thoughts can control our body and behaviour.
Hypnosis is not mind control. Rather, the client gains control over a part of his or her life that may have been previously out of control. All hypnosis is really self-hypnosis and no one can force you.
Many people are afraid of it even today as its proper use remains a mystery to most people. We spontaneously drift into hypnosis many times during the day without even realising and we call it daydreaming. Hypnotherapist simply guides the client on purpose to help them achieve their goals. Even though the client may not “feel anything”, the suggestions given can have a very powerful & positive effect.
If one is considering to under-go hypnosis process, one has to understand it thoroughly knowing how it works and how it sometimes doesn’t work. It can provide immediate results if the process is well understood and effectively used.
What is Hypnotherapy?
It is recognised that there is no generally accepted definition of hypnosis, though considerable consensus exists at a descriptive level.
Martin T Orne, MD, PhD (1927 – 2000)
“Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness in which the subconscious mind plays the dominant role.” The seat of our habits and the steering wheel of our behaviors lie within the subconscious mind. Everything we have ever thought, felt, tasted, smelled, seen, heard, read, or fantasized is recorded in our subconscious mind.
“Hypnosis” and “Hypnotherapy” are derived from Greek word “Hypnos” which means “Sleep.” Hypnotherapists use a hypnotic trance in order to make you relief and overcome addictions, pains, stress, or other related states of mind.
- Powerful tool for all areas of self improvement.
- The use of hypnosis to help you move towards health and wholeness.
- Used to help you reach goals when nothing else has helped.
- Let go of the thoughts of the day and to focus on the issues you came in for.
- Work together of the client and the hypnotherapist to overcome the issue at hand.
- Safe, healthy and natural.
- A state when you are most relaxed, or daydreaming, or open to receive suggestions.
- A suggestion, a proposal for your subconscious to accept a new belief therefore it needs to be positive.
How it Works?
Suggestion plays a very important part in hypnosis. Hypnosis bypasses the conscious minds, allowing direct communication with the unconscious ones. People can be hypnotized to different levels depending on the requirements of their well being.
Hypnotherapy can help you in the following areas of life:
- Self Improvement
- Reaching Goals and Succeeding
- Lack of Confidence
- Anger and Stress Management
- Health Management
- Getting into shape
- Habits Management
- Bedwetting in Children
- Teeth Grinding and nail biting
- Quit Smoking
- Drinking and other Addiction
- Asthma and Anxiety
- Compulsive eating
- Eating Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Skin Problems
- Fears and Phobias
- Psychological Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Physiological Issues
- General Confidence
- Sexual Issues
- Study Skills
- Concentration and Learning skills
- Past Life Regression
- Pain Management
- Many More
Hypnotherapists may use trance to explore the root of a problem, your physical and mental health and help you change deep-seated attitudes or feelings. At the end of the session, the hypnotherapist suggests that you return to normal consciousness.
The ability to be hypnotized is generally an indication that the client has stronger visualization skills. Once you are in trance, the hypnotherapists will address your sub-conscious mind. People with arthritis may be told they can turn the pain down like the volume of a radio, or smokers that they will no longer find smoking pleasurable.
How can hypnotherapy help me?
You have within you all the resources to solve your problems.
Whatever your mind created, whether it’s fears & phobias, panic attacks, blushing, insomnia, unwanted habits, etc, your mind can take away. The question is, how do you do it?
Hypnotherapy is a guide helping you to reach your goal by activating your inner resources. Unlike many therapies, hypnotherapy concentrates on the solution and not the problem.
Benefits of Hypnosis:
Did you know that just being in a hypnotized state has extraordinary mental and physical benefits? Yes, this is a fact.
- Help promote a deeper, healthier breathing pattern
- Relieves stress and tension
- Relaxes the body, slow down the functions, slow heart rate, lower respiration and blood pressure levels
- Muscles naturally relax
- Lower chemical imbalances
- Promote the human body’s natural healing abilities
- Correct hormone imbalances
- Relieves from mental fog, dizziness, irritability, chest pain, feeling numb, and many more
- Strengths our immune systems
- Relieve from pain and discomfort
- Deep restful sleep
- Feel good naturally
- Generates a sense of power and control
Hypnosis: What it is not / Myths!
- Sleep, unconsciousness, coma, surrender of mental powers and control, magic, an unnatural process
- Misconception is that only people of low intellect can be hypnotised. The fact is people of average and above intelligence make the best subjects.
- When you are in hypnosis you will not accept any suggestion that contravenes your normal belief system. Just as you can’t get stuck in a daydream or sleep, you can’t get stuck in hypnosis.
- Being hypnotized shows weakness and lack of control
- It’s dangerous
- Chance that you get stuck and unable to emerge from it.
- I can achieve anything suggested to me
- Result should be guaranteed
- You will not remember anything said or done while you were hypnotized
- One session cures the problem
What can happen is that you enjoy the wonderful feeling of relaxed body and mind that you don’t want to come out of hypnosis. ‘I’ve never felt so relaxed in my life’, is a comment most hypnotizers receive.
Now that you have an idea of what hypnosis is and isn’t, it’s time to consider how it can help you.
100 World’s Topmost Inspiring Life Quotes
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. – Albert Schweitzer
As you grow older you will understand more and more that it’s not about what you look like or what you own, rather it’s all about the person you’ve become. As like we need a shower to keep ourselves fresh; we need to be inspired on a regular basis to get motivated and carry out our work with the same energy and passion.
Quotes are always a good source of positive energy and inspiration. They are those little reminders to keep us inspired on a regular basis. They pack so much of wisdom in so few words that some of them are really mind and heart touching. Just reading them has power to infuse in you a Eureka! moment. Today I am compiling the World’s 100 topmost inspirational life quotes. I have always been inspired from such words of wisdom and inculcating some of them really makes a big difference in the quality of your life and sometimes they awake us. These words of wisdom have been picked by me at various times while surfing on the net, reading books or just clicking some lines to my mind after reading or watching some news or something around.
Here is the list of World’s 100 topmost inspirational one’s from various visionaries:
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” –Albert Einstein
- “Nowhere on your birth certificate did it say life would be fair.” – Trevor Jones
- “All life is experience, and one level is exchanged for another only when its lesson is learned.” – Henry Ford
- “Your vision becomes clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
- “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “If it is a one minute task, don’t add it to your “To Do List”, do it now.” – Gkindshivani
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”-Robert Frost
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “The only thing you can give a man without hurting him is an opportunity.” – Henry Ford
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everyhwere.” – Tim McGraw
- “I only compete with myself. That’s the only competition I need.” – Gkindshivani
- “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is life, fight for it.” –Mother Teresa
- “Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.” – Unknown
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
- “I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I’m writing in pen and I can’t erase my mistakes.” – Unknown
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”- Henry Ford
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
- “At one point in your life you either have the thing you want or the reasons why you don’t.” – Andy Roddick
- “It’s ok not to know all the answers. It’s better to admit our ignorance than to believe answers that might be wrong. Pretending to know everything closes the door to finding out what’s really there.” – Gkindshivani
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” –Les Brown
- “Greatest thing we can produce is character. Everything else can be taken from us, but not our character.” – Henry Ford
- “People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved, and people are being used.” – Unknown
- “In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.” – Shing Xiong
- “When you once get an idea in which you believe with all your heart, work it out.” – Henry Ford
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – James Dean
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
- “Don’t be afraid of change. You may end up losing something good, but you will probably end up gaining something better.”- Gkindshivani
- “We become what we think about all day long.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?” – Rumi
- “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what he is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage; but he is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it himself.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.” – Ancient Indian Proverb
- “We must let go of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
- “The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.” – Gkindshivani
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama & and the people who create it, and surround yourself with people that make you laugh so hard that you completely forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.” – Unknown
- “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” ― Albert Einstein
- “If you hear a voice within yourself saying “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.”- Jimmy Durante
- “If you look around, you can find a face of God in each thing, because He is not hidden in a church, in a mosque, or a synagogue, but everywhere. As there is no one who lives after seeing him, there is also no one dying after seeing him. Who finds Him, stays forever with him.” – Shams Tabrizi
- “Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
- “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.” – Erma Bombeck
- “I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.” – Charlie Brown
- “The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.” – Oliver W Holmes
- “People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you.” – Unknown
- “You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind.” – Zig Ziglar
- “You can change your world by changing your words.” – Joel Osteen
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” – Plato
- “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” – Kevin Kruse
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ―Bob Marley
- “In life, finding a voice is speaking and living the truth. Each of you is an original. Each of you has a distinctive voice. When you find it, your story will be told. You will be heard.” ― John Grisham
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
- 73. “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that counts, it’s the life in your years.” –Abraham Lincoln
- “There is no man living that cannot do more than he thinks he can.” – Henry Ford
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
- “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” –Dalai Lama
- “First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end.” – Aristotle
- “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
- “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
- “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
- “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” – Unknown
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” – Ann Landers
- “What’s done is done, what’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on, getting over a first love, dealing with heartbreak, dealing with death and dealing with life. It’s ok to look back and think of fond memories, but keep moving forward and you will live your life happily.” – Unknown
- “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” –Farrah Gray
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” –Benjamin Franklin
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “No one will ever get anywhere in this world unless he becomes a teacher, one who can show others how to do things.” – Henry Ford
All the above quotes are heavily packed with abundance of wisdom and are most inspiring ones. Do you like to share some other such most inspiring quotes? Please leave in the comments.